Announcing the 2017 InspirED Brilliance Awards —
Recognition for Brilliance in Private School Marketing and Communications
The 2016 awards were such a success, they're back again — bigger and better.
More opportunities to win.
So....Show the world what you've got!
This is the marketing and communications awards competition exclusively for private and independent schools.
- Compete against your peers, not higher ed or corporations.
- No complicated abstracts to complete.
- Open to agencies and designers who work for school clients.
- Reasonable entry fees.
- Judging by a panel of experienced school marketers and professionals who work with private and independent schools.
Think you'll never win? Three of the 2016 winners were K-8 schools, including two Gold winners!
ENTRY DEADLINE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2017 MIDNIGHT
— 2017 Categories —
See submission instructions after each category. (For more on submissions, see Entry Form.)
For categories with symbols, one or more criteria are omitted. (See Rules & FAQs.)
For this year only, all entries can be produced in any year, any time, through 10/27/17 except for categories #1, 4, 7, 22. Those categories must have been produced between SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 through OCTOBER 27, 2017.
1. Printed Viewbook (Single publication). Submission: Snail mail 6 hard copies (preferred) or Email PDF
2. Enrollment Package (Multiple printed pieces in a campaign such as viewbook, search/travel piece, direct mail, bump, yield, etc.) Submission: Snail mail 6 hard copies (preferred) or Email PDF
3. Interactive Viewbook (Web pages or microsite) Submission: Enter URL
4. Enrollment Video* Submission: Enter URL (website, YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, etc.)
5. Printed Annual Fund Appeal (Single or series) Submission: Email PDF
6. Annual Fund Appeal Video* Submission: Enter URL (website, YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, etc.)
7. Printed Capital Campaign Publication Submission: Email PDF
8. Capital Campaign Video* Submission: Enter URL (website, YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, etc.)
9. Fundraising Web Page (Single page or microsite) Submission: Enter URL
10. Printed Report of Gifts/Annual Report (Single issue) Submission: Email PDF
11. Photography Single † (Single image) Submission: Email jpeg
12. Photography Series † (3-6 images for any purpose) Submission: Email jpeg
13. Homepage, Outsourced Submission: Enter URL
14. Homepage, In-House Submission: Enter URL
15. Single Web Page or Microsite Homepage (For any purpose, except primary homepage) Submission: Enter URL
(See separate criteria below for this category.)
16. Magazine Feature Article (Judged on writing criteria only. You may submit a PDF of the layout of the article, but design will not be considered.) Submission: Email PDF
17. Elevator Speech (Key brand messages conveyed in short paragraph. No taglines alone.) Submission: Email PDF
18. School Logo ^ Submission: Email PDF or jpeg
19. Capital Campaign Logo ^ Submission: Email PDF or jpeg
20. Annual Fund Logo ^ Submission: Email PDF or jpeg
21. Mascot (Illustration) ^ Submission: Email PDF or jpeg
22. Printed Magazine (Single issue) Submission: Snail mail 6 hard copies (preferred) or Email PDF
23. Digital Magazine (Web page or microsite. Not PDF of printed magazine.) Submission: Enter URL
24. Magazine Cover Design Submission: Email PDF
25. Hashtag Campaign (On Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram) Submission: Email as many screenshots as jpegs as you think you need to illustrate the strength of the campaign
26. Single Blog Post (Judged on Writing Criteria below) Submission: Enter URL
27. Holiday Video* Submission: Enter URL (website, YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, etc.)
28. Out of the Box Concept (Successful or not) Submission: Appropriate delivery method for format. See other categories.
Small Doesn’t Mean Limited
29. Any High Impact MarCom Effort Executed by Small School (For schools with total annual revenue of $3 million or under) Submission: Appropriate delivery method for format. See other categories.
*For Videos: Judged only on Criteria #1, 2, 4, 5, and 6
†For Photography: Judged only on Criteria #1, 2, 5, and 6
^For Logos: Judged only on Criteria #1, 2, 3, and 6
See Rules & FAQs for criteria.